Living Shorelines Workshops and Webinars
Restore america's estuaries living shorelines community of practice webinars
A dynamic series whose webinars include national and regional updates followed by focus topic presentations.
- Development of an Ephemeral Hardscape for Living Shorelines – Dr. Niels Lindquist, UNC Chapel Hill Institute of Marine Sciences
- Engaging Veterans in Living Shorelines Programs – Capt. Al Modjeski, American Littoral Society
- Legal and Policy Tools to Mitigate the Impacts of ‘Coastal Squeeze’ – Katie Spidalieri, Georgetown Climate Center
- Efficacy of Living Shorelines Approaches under Extreme Weather Events - Carter Smith, UNC - Chapel Hill
- Perspectives from the Pacific Northwest - Jim Johannessen, Coastal Geologic Services Inc.
- Derelict Wharf Removal and Living Shorelines: Reenvisioning San Francisco Bay’s Urban Edge – Marilyn Latta, California Coastal Conservancy
- The Intersection of Living Shorelines and Blue Carbon – Stefanie Simpson, Restore America’s Estuaries
EPA Watershed Academy Webcast: Living Shorelines: Types, Tools, and Techniques
The Watershed Academy provides self-paced training modules and webcasts from national experts about a range of watershed management topics. A few examples include conserving water and energy, minimizing greenhouse gases, re-using solid waste, and getting a handle on pesticide risks. In return, we share information and publicly recognize our partners.
Design and Construction of Living Shorelines: A Course for Living Shorelines Professionals
by Virginia Institute of Marine Science
This Mid-Atlantic specific course was developed by the Virginia Institute of Ocean Sciences for Living Shorelines professionals to learn about site assessment, technique decision trees and detailed design. Site assessment worksheet included and explained.
TEXAS SEA GRANT COASTAL HAZARDS ADAPTATION WEBINAR: LIVING SHORELINES AS ADAPTABLE EROSION CONTROL
This webinar explains and explores living shorelines as one technique for adapting to coastal hazards. Presented by Lee Anne Wilde with the Galveston Bay Foundation, this webinar provides an overview and examples from coastal Texas.
NOAA Living shorelines webinar series
Archives of five online presentations about living shorelines are available below. The series was produced and presented by the National Estuarine Research Reserve System and the Office of Ocean & Coastal Resource Management of NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration).
Coastal Training Program Chesapeake Bay- Navigating living shorelines
This class demonstrates the importance of living shorelines from a Chesapeake Bay conservation and restoration perspective. It is intended for planners in county and municipal government. The class will give participants useful information for planning and implementing living shoreline projects and permitting projects for homeowners. It will discuss design considerations for living shorelines; new regulations and permitting process at the state and county level; and look at how living shorelines integrate with critical area buffer management plans.
Living Shorelines Non-structural Erosion Control Practices: Rhode Island Land & Water Summit, 2014
This on-line resource provides an introduction to living shorelines concepts and techniques with case studies set in Rhode.
Creating Living Shorelines: a course for contractors
Module 1: Ecosystem services in the Chesapeake Bay and impacts of shoreline stabilization
Module 2: Understanding and Predicting Site Suitability